Giovanni Vianini's Schola Gregoriana Mediolanensis
  • chonakchonak
    Can you be more specific, Noel? Are you writing about both situations (Milan and Thoronet) or just one?

The Thoronet abbey is an unusual situation: it's not the home of a religious community, but a museum in a former abbey (closed in 1785 due to bankruptcy). Considering the group's unusual style, I'm not surprised if some people don't want to accept it.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Does the Myspace link
    https://myspace.com/leschantresduthoronet/music/song/resurrexi-95662421-106587114

require signing up? There are two different play buttons, but neither makes any noise for me.
  • chonakchonak
    I had to disable the ad-blocker in my browser to get the playback working.
  • Milan.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    Is there anywhere in Milan that one can still go to a well done, proper Ambrosian rite mass?
  • MatthewRoth
    Define proper. You can without much difficulty find the new form promulgated in the 1980s. Unjustly, Summorum does not apply to them, so it is hard to find the ancient rite. That is a double blow, because so much of Milan is de facto using the Roman Rite. I believe only a small area uses the Ambrosian Rite as the sole liturgy.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I'm most interested in the ancient rite, but also in the new form celebrated in a hermeneutic of continuity.

That is very unfortunate.
  • Roth - is the ancient Ambrosian rite mentioned in SP, let alone specifically excluded from its application? If not, is it possible to send a Dubitum to the Ecclesia Dei Commission? [sorry, don't know how exactly this is done]
  • MatthewRoth
    I cannot find the reference right now, but since it is not a form of the Roman Rite, the archbishop said it does not apply, and I believe the PCED agreed.
  • chonakchonak
    It's not mentioned.