New year's resolution
  • miacoyne
    Another new year, another resolution. But this year is going to be different. (I guess I'm repeating it again.)

First of all, I told my schola that I'd like to start the practice on time. Also, no talking before practice (I usually talk a lot while I wait for them to come.) We will have an optional talking time after the practice.
    Secondly, we will focus on our beautiful singing. We can minister better with the most powerful and spiritual music that Church guarded for centuries. The chants are more powerful than any words we can use. So we will try to sing more beautifully and be grateful for what we have.

Do you have any resolution you want to share? (I could borrow some.)
  • Pes
    I resolve to transcribe three chants a week into simple pitch descriptions, e.g. c d d a bf a.
  • miacoyne
    Pes, what do you mean by 'simple pitch description?
  • miacoyne
    (Sorry I felt silly to ask after I posted my previous question. I wanted to delete my comments, cannot do it)
  • Jan
    I like your resolution MIACOYNE. I do need to tighten up the schola rehearsal so that we start on time. So if there's talking just before rehearsal time, 'intentions' well begin on the 'dot' & leave announcements & debriefing well into the rehearsal. Thx for your entry. #2: There's always time for a little polyphony.
  • miacoyne
    Yes, polyphony is one more thing we will try this year. I started to add some simple organum, and the schola really enjoys them. Hopefully this will prepare them to sing polyphony.