Propers for 1 Sat of Adv. (OF)
  • I have asked questions similar to this before, but I don't think it was clear that I was referring to the Ordinary Form, so just for clarification I am referring in this question to the Ordinary Form.

My question is where can I find certain propers for the First Saturday of Advent. I specifically need the following:

Introit from the Gradual
    Gradual
    Offertory Antiphon
    Communion Antiphon from the Gradual

Also, I'm used to working with the Lectionary regarding the Gospel Acclamation. Are there any other sort of tract or alleluia options for the Ordinary Form in the Roman Gradual?
  • MatthewRoth
    There are Gregorian Alleluias and Tracts in the revised Gradual.
  • doneill
    I have my Graduale Romanum in front of me, so I'll answer:

The Introit would be Dominus illuminatio mea, which is also the Introit for the 10th Sunday in Ordinary Time. The Gradual, Offertory and Communion are all from the preceding Sunday.
  • doneill
    Sorry, didn't notice the second part of your question - the Gregorian Alleluia would also be the same as the preceding Sunday. Tracts are only during Lent.

I'm assuming that you mean the Saturday following the First Sunday of Advent, rather than the evening of the Saturday before the First Sunday of Advent? In the latter's case, that would simply be an anticipation Mass for the Sunday. You can find all these in the Graduale Romanum 1974 posted on this website.