Churches to check out in Cincinnati?
  • BenBen
    Checking out Cincinnati on March 25, and planning on ending the feastday with Mass at Cincinnati oratory in the evening (though I'd be open to other options, either EF or well-done OF) Any other churches I should definitely check out that day while I'm there?
  • Well, the cathedral for sure! Anthony Dicello does a GREAT job. Good choir.
  • The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington, KY (right across the Ohio River from Cincinnati). It's design was inspired by Notre Dame in Paris. A wonderful place to visit.
    Thanked by 2BruceL Ben
  • BenBen
    I checked out the Convington Cathedral last time I was in the area. Some stunning architecture!
  • I hate to say it because it doesn't sound nice, but IMO it's true: The Covington Cathedral is second to the Cincinnati cathedral in music. Great organ playing, but all volunteer choir, which, don't get me wrong, is GOOD ... but the Cincinnati choir is either all pro or semi-pro, and the difference in quality is noticeable.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Are you there on a Sunday? The 10:30am Mass at the Cathedral of Columbus (a short drive for the quality) has one of the best choirs in the country. They also have this big red thing in the choir loft that, outside of Lent, makes the experience quite out of this world.
  • BenBen
    I'm there on a Wednesday, for the Feast of the Annunciation. I have most of the day to spend there.
  • CGM
    cathedral website:
    http://www.stpeterinchainscathedral.org/

(also nice architecture)