Warm thoughts appreciated.
  • Chrism
    Here is a warm thought. The Painted Church on Hawaii's Big Island.

• @Julie: I wear long skirts or ankle-length sundresses during summer and a light shawl, full or 3/4 sleeve length cardigan in the summer. I don't like wearing revealing clothing even when it's hot, and honestly I've just gotten used to it. I grew up with no a/c, lived in many houses that didn't have it, and even though we have it now I don't use it except on extremely hot days.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • CharlesW
    Today we reach 30 degrees. Is that a heat wave? It is currently 6 degrees. Another snow/ice event happens tonight, but it will reach 47 tomorrow afternoon. We will get 2 inches of rain over the weekend, but with temps in the forties, I can live with a little rain. Saturday will be the first day above freezing in a week.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    12 below zero here yesterday, it warmed up overnight for a light dusting of snow, then it will go back to 6 below zero tonight.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    It's cloudy and a depressing 68 here today with 81 as the high. I feel your pain, trust me.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • -21.5 when I arose. A half hour later, I checked again, and the display read "OF.L", which I had never seen before (when the battery is low, it just reads dashes). I read it as the abbreviation for the vulgarity the thermometer uttered before it gave up.
    Thanked by 2bonniebede CharlesW
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    if you're in the Middle East, don't wear an orange jumpsuit.

These are two things I have no plans to do individually. I wonder what the odds of my doing them together would have been without your warning...
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Hey, you never know. Glad to be of help. : )
  • CharlesW
    Our temps will supposedly get to 32 degrees later today, then back to 18 tonight. Tomorrow we attain 42 degrees then head into warmer temperatures (50s and 60s) with the snow finally melting.. While I am glad the two weeks of snow are ending, the good comes with some bad. We are heading into 5+ days of heavy and continuous rain. I will take the rain over snow and single digit temperatures, any day.