Beethoven's Complete String Quartets
  • Geremia
    Anyone else here think Beethoven's string quartets are some of his most—if not the most—ingenious of his works?

• mrcoppermrcopper
    well ... yes.
  • francis
    Beethoven... Mozart... it all elevator music to me.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Francis comes from a land with really classy elevators. Here in TN we are lucky to maybe have a banjo player in our elevators. I know that CharlesW will jump in and confirm that.
  • francis
    Noel:

I will bring my piano to TN and put it on any elevator and play Mozart and Beethoven for the right money. Gee... does anyone have a gig playing live elevator music?
  • francis
    I must say though... I do like Mr. B's Grosse Fugue. It hearkens back to the time of counterpoint.

This is a very cool visual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0Mp7LFI-k
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Geremia
  • I had a seminar on Beethoven in grad school, which was rather disappointing as a singer...
    As part of the course we had to listen to all of his works, published or not. The string quartets were set apart in a most exquisite way.
  • CharlesW
    Francis comes from a land with really classy elevators. Here in TN we are lucky to maybe have a banjo player in our elevators. I know that CharlesW will jump in and confirm that.

Yep, but all our banjo players are into Bach and Buxtehooter. What else could banjo players do but play in Buxtehude temperament - we just call it out of tune.

Agreed on the Beethoven string quartets, MACW.
    Thanked by 1ghmus7
  • As a violinist, well I'll just keep my opinions on the late quartets to myself lol. Fun to analyze, though. Lol @Buxtehooter...now that's string music I can get into :-)
    Thanked by 1francis