Hymns for Protesting?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I read this a few weeks back at Patheos and went back and skimmed it again. Perhaps it could help sort out some issues that affect predispositions, or perhaps not. Anyway...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thejesuitpost/2014/06/a-third-way-exploring-the-churchs-teaching-on-homosexuality/
  • CharlesW
    Then there is old age, when neither sex tries to hit on you anymore. ;-)
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    That can be a blessing as well as a curse, Charles.
  • CharlesW
    I would agree. LOL.
  • Can I encourage you to NOT protest such a thing? Your true "protest" will be in not attending the original event that you plan to protest.

Amen.

• Jeffrey Quick
    "I do know that "gay sins" get a lot more attention from some quarters than most any other sin." More even than some sexual sins. Now, I'm not saying those things aren't important; I think that sex is the mother of heresy, in ways that many other sins just aren't. But when do you hear a homily about gluttony or gossip? They'd have to shut the abandoned parish down.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    ...kind of taken a back seat
    "One man, one woman, one time" is a little too reminiscent of old South Africa though, isn't it?

The original requester hasn't clarified whether the circumstances dictate organ (I do have a weakness for "Onward Christian Soldiers"), 4-part a cappella, Gregorian chants in a sidewalk acoustic or, God forbid, something suitable for ukelele. Looking at that first post, "Stand up, stand up for Jesus" leapt to mind.
  • Chrism
    Then there's the old spiritual, O Mary Don't You Weep...

"God gave Noah the rainbow sign, no more water the fire next time"
    Thanked by 1canadash