Communion Antiphons now on CCW
  • Andrew Motyka
    My long running project at communionantiphons.org has been picked up by Corpus Christi Watershed! This seems appropriate to me since the entire idea of writing a cycle of propers and offering it for free was inspired by the Chabanel Psalms to begin with. Thanks to Jeff O for making these available to far greater numbers than my little website could ever reach.

Communionantiphons.org will remain up, since I can't believe that domain wasn't already taken when I started the project, though the content there and at CCW is exactly the same.
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • bkenney27bkenney27
    Got the notification just before printing my Ascension leaflets! We'll be using the communion tomorrow. Question: Are the texts your own paraphrasing? I'm not a fan of paraphrasing, usually, but you have done an admirable job and in this case I think it makes them a bit more accessible. And the melodies are gorgeous!
  • Andrew Motyka
    The antiphons are sometimes paraphrased (my own) in order to make them short enough to sing without holding a score in front of you. I actually agree that the full text is preferable, which is why, in my opinion, their ideal use is in conjunction with the Gregorian originals.
  • CharlesW
    Excellent work!
    Thanked by 1Andrew Motyka
  • aria
    Congratulations! Your site is a GREAT RESOURCE. Thank you for it!