Nocturnale Romanum is available
  • chonakchonak
    Occasionally forum users ask if the Nocturnale Romanum book (2001) by Holger Peter Sandhofe is still available for purchase, so I sent a note to the publisher Christof Schroeder. He has closed his publishing firm and on-line store, but still has a few dozen copies of the book left for private sale. Interested readers wishing to buy a copy can contact him at the e-mail address cns at hartker.com . (And feel free to write in English.)
  • benstoxbenstox
    I didn't receive a reply from this man when I emailed a few weeks ago, so maybe I missed the boat on this one. There isn't any other known way of obtaining a copy, by any chance?
  • igneusigneus
    (Does anyone know if and how legal issues were addressed?)
    Thanked by 1JonathanKK
  • tomjaw
    I would message Olivier Berten ...

I wonder who holds the copyright, the publisher?
  • igneusigneus
    First of all, the author's heirs.
  • ©2002 Hartker Verlag Christof Nikolaus Schröder

• Anyone knows if this book can still be purchased in printed form? Thanks in advance!
  • chonakchonak
    That's a different and new book, for anyone who hasn't seen that listing before.
  • So, does anyone know if this book can be still be purchased in printed form? (or someone who has it a would like to sell it) Thanks in advance!
  • tomjaw
    I have checked abebooks, Amazon and google, and they have no results. So at the moment it is unavailable.
  • benstoxbenstox
    In 2014 I did manage to purchase a copy directly from Christof Schroeder eventually. At the time he had only intermittent internet access, the remaining copies were in storage, and he did not have ready access to them, so it took several weeks to arrange but I did get it in the end. If you haven't tried him, it may be worth it: info at hartker dot com was the email I used for him at that time.
    Thanked by 2tomjaw Julio_Garrido
  • Thank you for this information. I will certainly try!
  • I really wonder how many people currently have on their shelves the primary books for the Ordinary Form Divine Office … to sing.
  • igneusigneus
    @Dixit_Dominus_44 What do you mean by "the primary books for the Ordinary Form Divine Office"?
  • tomjaw
    @igneus Well primary books for the EF Office is the Antiphonale Romanum, of course the Nocturnale was never published, but the L.U. has Matins for feasts. So everything you need can be found in 2 books at most.

The Liber is still in print so many people have a primary book for singing the EF Office for most days of the year... Remind me how many books we need to sing the OF office.
  • igneusigneus
    @tomjaw For Sunday and festal Vespers a single one: the "Antiphonale Romanum II", Solesmes 2009.

For anything else Liber hymnarius (Solesmes 1983) + Ordo cantus officii + Hesbert's Corpus antiphonalium officii (and some understanding of it's contents) + access to a bunch of medieval manuscripts (and some understanding of their various notation systems).
    And you still have to compose set the responsoria brevia to music yourself.

Or you take Les heures gregoriennes - which are, AFAIK, not up to date with the current Ordo cantus officii, and don't contain the Office of Readings.

Or you decide to chant the OF Divine Office in the vernacular and you are instantly happy: there are a few languages with a complete vernacular antiphonale. Besides the English one there is one in German; a Portuguese one in two volumes (haven't seen it in person); and there is also a very poor one in Czech, by yours truly.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • igneusigneus
    * I forgot to mention multiple 20th century chant editions, also required for the "Ordo cantus officii" way.