Chant Workshop - Fresno, CA, Sat. Jan. 18
  • gregpgregp
    There will be a chant workshop on Saturday, January 18, at the Convent of the Sister Disciples of the Divine Master, 3700 N Cornelia, in Fresno, CA. Registration starts at 8:30 AM and we will conclude by singing for the 5 PM Mass.

Cost is $60 and includes lunch, beverages, and the Parish Book of Chant ($40 is you already have the PBC).

We will sing the Propers for the 2nd Sunday in Ordinal Time from the Simple English Propers, and the Ordinary in Latin from Mass IX.

Any questions, please contact me (click on my name for email address).
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Also if you're in Fresno, it's just a brief 8 hour road trip to the Winter Chant Intensive in Surprise, AZ: http://musicasacra.com/2013/10/08/winter-chant-intensive-2014-special-edition-intermediate-advanced-chanters/

Thanked by 1Kathy
  • carljn
    The best of luck! I wish I could be there, but its a bit of a long haul back to LA from Maryland!
  • I attended the workshop in Fresno this last Saturday. It was very nice to meet gregp who taught the glass, and he did an excellent job. I have a music background and no background in Gregorian Chant, and at the end of the day had a good basic working knowledge of beginning GC. He also explained the Ordinary, and how that is used, and he explained the Propers and taught them to us. He geared the class towards preparing us to sing for Mass that evening at the parish where the class was held. AND also Greg taught the class in a way I found it fun to learn the GC.

I'm really looking forward to the next two classes in this 3-part GC workshop series.

Thanks Greg, God bless you.