Liturgia Horarum
  • Just received the following from mosesofjesus@missionofdivinemercy.org. Write if you can help

I’m writing to ask for your help. I’m the vicar for a small, new, contemplative religious community in the Archdiocese of San Antonio—where we’ve been very blessed to have Archbishop Gomez guiding us!

We are currently trying to improve our celebration of the liturgy of the hours. We’re considering chanting the liturgy in Gregorian Chant, following the “Liturgia Horarum Iuxta Ritum Romanum” most recently published by the Vatican in 2000. Given our musical abilities, we would need the texts already marked (I believe it’s called “pointed”) such as they used to have for vespers in the Liber Usualis, such that it’s clearly indicated on which syllable the ending begins.

Do you know of any edition that has this? The only copy I have been able to obtain is from Solesmes, but it is the full monastic liturgy (and aside from the antiphons is not “pointed), which is not what we’re looking for.

I would be very grateful for your assistance.
  • RobertRobert
    Jeffrey, the vespers and compline resources that you posted at

http://www.musicasacra.com/dominican-liturgy/

have the Liturgia Horarum texts pointed. Although it's "Dominican" the psalm texts are the same as the Roman L.H., although the melodies of the antiphons differ much of the time.