Advent Music Question
  • dmin1dmin1
    Greetings. I'm new to the forum. I have a sheet music question that I hope someone can answer. I am looking for an old Advent piece. Is anyone familiar with "Improvisation on 'Veni Emmanuel'" setting by Camil van Hulse? There is a piece with this title in "Seven Preludes on Advent Hymns" (Concordia), but that isn't the one I'm looking for. It's a larger work. Does anyone have it or know anything about it?
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    Sorry, I've never heard of him or it. Good luck in your search; perhaps some other forum reader will know of the piece.
  • ronkrisman
    If the improvisation from van Hulse's Seven Preludes on Advent Hymns (Concordia, 1952) is not what you are looking for, you may want to contact World Library Publications. I recall that in the 1960's WLP published a number of van Hulse compositions for organ (a Mass too, IIRC). WLP also sold imports from Annie Bank publications in Holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmY_AMORTTQ
  • dmin1dmin1
    Dear ronkrisman, Thanks for the info. This video IS the one I am looking for. Good job in finding this. I will check WLP. Hopefully, they, or someone else will know.
  • dmin1dmin1
    Update - WLP no longer has any works by Camil van Hulse listed.
    The search goes on.