Program for the Schola Sainte Cecile at SP festivities in Rome
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    The Schola Sainte Cecile set out from Paris this morning on their pilgrimage to Rome for the conclusion of the Year of Faith and the international Populus Summorum Pontificum event. They will be singing Solemn Vespers with Msgr. Pozzo tonight. Tomorrow, they will sing at a Pontifical Mass celebrated by Bishop Athanasius Schneider and Saturday morning they will sing a Pontifical High Mass for the celebration of the 61st Anniversary of the ordination of Cardinal Castrillon.

A list of the music they plan to sing may be found here at their website.

On Sunday there will be a Pontifical High Mass celebrated by Bishop Rifan. It looks like the music then will be provided by the Institute of Christ the King from what I can tell at this website.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Some splendid pictures of the Solemn Vespers here including this nice view of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate.

Very short extracts of the music here.
    Thanked by 1expeditus1
  • Kathy
    Is the Saturday morning Mass also at Trinité des Pèlerins?
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Kathy, it looks like it will at St. Peter's Basilica!! I'm glad you asked, because I didn't realize that until I checked. Wow! Here's the link to the Summorum Pontificum website.

> Saturday October 26, 9am:
    Eucharistic adoration at the Rome Oratory (Santa Maria in Vallicella) followed by the procession to Saint Peter’s Basilica.

> Saturday October 26, 11am:
    Pontifical High Mass in Saint Peter, chanted by the Schola Sainte Cécile and celebrated by His Eminence, Dario Cardinal Castrillón Hoyos on the 61st anniversary of his ordination to priesthood.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Pictures of the second day of the Summorum Pontificum celebration may be found here.

Bishop Athanasius Schneider presided at a Pontifical High Mass this evening. An extract from his homily:

What always gave strength to the martyrs was the Holy Eucharist. Suffice it to say at the time of Communist persecution: there, even in prisons it was celebrated with dignity. And we today? We are free, yet we live in a situation of great liturgical crisis. Rediscovering the dignity of the liturgy is fundamental, from gestures like receiving Communion on the tongue and kneeling, observing moments of silence, playing music appropriate, being directed coram Deo. The liturgy is the very face of Christ, the true renewal there will be only a reverent liturgy and Christ.

Also, on this page if you scroll down is a quick sample of the Communion motet sung by the Schola Sainte Cecile. Sounds like they're in fine form.
  • Kathy
    Thank you!
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Videos and pictures from the Pontifical High Mass celebrated by Cardinal Castrillon at St. Peter's this morning at this Italian website.

If you scroll down the page you'll see some quick videos of the processions to St. Peter's with lots of tonsured monks and priests in birettas and lace albs. I think I saw the American contingent at one point and Michael Matt (the Remnant editor and my fellow Christendom College graduate.)

The video of the opening procession at St. Peter's on that page features the Schola Sainte Cecile singing Ave Maris Stella in plainchant interspersed with six-voiced polyphonic verses.

Also, a video of last evening's Mass with Bishop Schneider has appeared on the Remnant's Facebook page. The Schola Sainte Cecile sang here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdb9_njOB0&feature=youtu.be