Looking for Hymn Tune CRUGER
  • I'm looking for a score for CRUGER but in D major (not E-flat or F) as I will need it in this lower key for an organ which is tuned a half-step sharp. It is most commonly associated with "Hail to the Lord's Anointed." I am rather surprised that this one didn't make it into the Vatican II Hymnal.
  • I have never encountered this in D. If you don't trust yourself transposing at sight, you can always write it out in your desired key.
  • Try hymnary.org so the images of the hymns at the bottom of the page - I'd do this for you but am very busy responding to spam emails....
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Yes, here it is at Hymnary. org, but both instances of the tune are in F major.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    The Hymnal 1982 uses the sparklingly lovely tune "Es flog ein kleins Waldvögelein" for "Hail to the Lord's anointed" ... and I have used it successfully, together with some slight changes to the harmonization in stanzas after the first, with descants on the third and fifth stanzas. Attached are the score and a synthesized sound file for this setting.