How to delete double clefs in Gregorio?
  • Help, please. I am trying to set up a sheet with the solfege syllables in each clef in Gregorio, with one clef per line; however, when the next line starts, it has the old clef followed by the new clef, and I cannot figure out how to get rid of the old clef.

This is the output:
    http://gregorio.gabrielmass.com/tmp/maina30053.pdf

This is the gabc:
    name:syllables in neumes;
    %%
    (c4)Ddo (c) () re (d) () mi (e) () fa (f ) () so (g) () la (h) () ti (i) () te or ta (ixi) () do (j) (::)()(c3)do (h) ()re (i) () mi (j) () fa (k) ()fa(d) ()so (e) ()la (f) ()ti(g) ()te or ta(gxg) ()do(h) (::)
    (c2)so (c) ()la (d) ()ti(e) ()te or ta(exe)do (f) () re (g) () mi (h) () fa (i) ()fa(j) ()so (k)
  • chonakchonak
    The appearance of a double-clef in this situation is a known bug being examined by the developers.

To work around it, you can specify the clef change immediately after the double-bar, like this:

(::c3)

In your example, that would work out this way:

name:syllables in neumes;
    %%
    (c4)Ddo (c) () re (d) () mi (e) () fa (f ) () so (g) () la (h) () ti (i) () te or ta (ixi) () do (j) (::c3)do (h) ()re (i) () mi (j) () fa (k) ()fa(d) ()so (e) ()la (f) ()ti(g) ()te or ta(gxg) ()do(h) (::c2)so (c) ()la (d) ()ti(e) ()te or ta(exe)do (f) () re (g) () mi (h) () fa (i) ()fa(j) ()so (k)
    Thanked by 1Patricia Cecilia
  • Thank you, Richard; that is very helpful. My next question is: how do I force a line-break before the new clef? I'm trying to get each clef's notes on a single line.

(My present workaround is to only paste in one line's worth of gabc at a time and use Snip to create a jpg.)
  • chonakchonak
    I don't have a way to break the line *and* avoid the double-clef. You may need to format each segment separately, crop the output in each case, and put them together using a word-processor.
    Thanked by 1Patricia Cecilia
  • Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Thank you.
  • chonakchonak
    To get higher-quality images (if the screen-captures aren't good enough), you can save the cropped PDF output; then read the PDF into an image editor such as Photoshop or GIMP. That will let you specify a higher image resolution (e.g., 300 dpi). Save the resulting image as a PNG or GIF, Then you can use those in a word-processing document.