Looking for a music of the second Memorial Acclamation
  • miacoyne
    I'm looking for a music of the second Memorial Acclamation, 'When we eat this bread...'
    We've been singing the first one, 'We proclaim your death...' with ICEL chant, and my pastor would like to have it with something different chant style than ICEL one.

I'd appreciate your help.
    Mia
  • SalieriSalieri
    Something that would be easy for the congregation to pick up would be to chant it on a psalm tone. Modes I, II, VI, VIII & Peregrinus seem to work the best with English. You could use the Solemn intonations and mediations that are used at the Introit or Communion. You could have several different tones you could use, say ICEL for OT, Mode I for Advent/Lent, Mode VIII for Christmas/Easter, etc.
    Thanked by 1miacoyne
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    This isn't chant, but it is my setting of "When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup" for SATB voices (or just unison voices on the melody with organ). It has been adapted and arranged from my Communion Antiphon "Because there is one Bread."
    Thanked by 1miacoyne
  • Chant
    Thanked by 1miacoyne
  • Organ Accompaniment for Chant
    Thanked by 1miacoyne
  • ronkrisman
    My initial reaction to the setting is that the sense-break in the last half of the text is not reflected in the music. The text is:

we proclaim your death, O Lord,
    until you come again.

and not:

we proclaim your death,
    O Lord, until you come again.
  • And Father, that's why you have the right to compose your own!

(WHERE ARE THE SMILEY FACES WHEN WE NEED THEM?)

Seriously, show me in the documents where it says this and I will bow to your wisdom.