source of "Vatican norms" letter
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    This letter (image below, PDF also attached) circulated around our forum a few years ago, and I think over on the NLM too. Where exactly did it come from — that is, what online source, if anyone knows — and where might it be found now? I've scoured the internet, but to no avail. I know it was up on one of the Watershed websites for a while.

• chonakchonak
    We've had a copy on the CMAA site at http://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/vaticannorms.pdf since March 2010, at least.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Very good! Still curious about the original source, or even how we managed to come upon that letter.

Also, I don't see a link to that CMAA copy up on the musicasacra.com webpage (under either the "resources" tab or either of the "PDF" tabs).
  • dad29
    Judging only from appearances, it is a set of norms devised by the choirmaster of St Peter's Basilica and applies only to choirs which sing there. It is not "universal" in application (albeit the norms are worth consideration for any parish choir).
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Understood. Still, of course, many of us were excited to see the Basilica leading by example. :)