Alleluia II (Benedicat vobis) for EF Nuptial Mass during Paschaltide
  • I am the music director for a friend's wedding next Easter season, and am in the process of making a practice CD for my nationally-scattered choir members. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding a recording of "Alleluia Benedicat vobis." I would prefer a recording of a schola or choir - not just a single voice.

I have scanned through many of the other discussions regarding the EF Nuptial Mass, and the EF Nuptial Mass during Paschaltide, but none seem to address or answer this particular question. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am willing to pay for a good recording at this point.
  • chonakchonak
    There is a recording of the "Mittat vobis" and "Benedicat vobis" together at http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/q0kmmcihms/alleluia_-_mittat_vobis_and_benedicat_vobis_t.p._.mp3 , though it's rather rough and only a solo voice, alas.

• Thank you, chonak! That may very well be what I end up using - it was the only one I found in my search previous to starting this discussion. Of course, I would prefer a choir-sung version for the benefit of my choir, but this will do in a pinch.
  • chonakchonak
    It might be worthwhile to use a music-notation program to make up a midi-instrumental version, and turn that into an mp3 for your singers.