Chopin's Libera Me???
  • On CPDL (when it was working), there was a Libera Me apparently composed by Chopin. Has anybody heard of such a thing. It is a cappella and quite homophonic. Some romantic-ish harmonies...but my Googling has brought us no other reference to a Chopin Libera Me. Any ideas? My guess is that it is not really by Chopin at all, but then who?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    i would be very interested to find out if there is any truth to this.
  • Jon,

Are you connected with an institute of higher learning of some kind? I would imagine there is a Chopin complete works that many major music schools/departments would be likely to have....or, would be able to get for you on interlibrary loan.
  • Chopin

P 4/ 1-2

1846 Œuvres sacrées (2) sur le Veni Creator
    [Mariage de Bohdan Zaleski et Zofia Rosengardt]
    28 XI -
    Chopin acts as a witness at a wedding of his pupil Z. Rosengardt with B. Zaleski; supposedly a performance of the (non-extant) Veni Creator dedicated to the young couple.
  • ghmus7
    I do know that A. Chopin loved the organ and did play his piano music on it. B. He wrote an extensive orchestral mass, that sadly has been lost.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Chopin did love the organ, and would become frustrated with the Polish organist at his Church, push him off the bench, and improvise himself.
  • miacoyne
    I would love to hear him playing organ. His music is so pianistic. Are there any his organ music published?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    i don't think so, but he did write a neat little fugue Ashkenazy recorded