Liturgical Shakeup (new appointments)
  • soli
    lovely!! Thank you for sharing this!
  • The one name that stuck out to me was Fr. Uwe Michael Lang. He is the author of the book, "Turning Towards the Lord" and he makes an excellent case for celebrating the Mass ad orientsum. In fact, the former Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger wrote the foreword to the book. Here is a list of the other consultors:

As consultors of the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff: Msgr. Nicola Bux, professor at the Theological Faculty of Puglia, Italy; Fr. Mauro Gagliardi, professor at the Pontifical Athenaeum "Regina Apostolorum", Rome; Fr. Juan Jose Silvestre Valor, professor at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross, Rome; Fr. Uwe Michael Lang C.O., official of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, and Fr. Paul C. F. Gunter O.S.B., professor at the St. Anselm Pontifical Athenaeum, Rome.
  • Rather stupid question, here: is Marini still Papal M.C.?
  • GavinGavin
    David: Yes, but no. There is a different Marini (Guido, I believe) for Papal MC, who's been doing a great job.
  • Yes, I know about the switch in "Marini's", I just wanted to make sure the current one wasn't given the shove.
  • incantuincantu
    Just because I was called out today (I won't mention by whom) for my apparently cryptic video responses of late, let's see what Timbuk3 has to say about these new appointments:

• "I gotta crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses . . ."