Ask and You Shall Receive--Lassus 2-pt adaptation for 17 OT-C
  • Heath
    Attached is a TB setting of a movement from a Lassus Gloria ("Domine Deus" from Missa ad imitationem moduli Puis que i'ay perdu . . . don't ask me) with a snippet of this week's Gospel text shoehorned in. It was originally for SA in C major, but I bumped it up into Eb major, as I (bari-tenor) will be singing the Bass part this week!

Anyway, few items:

--Let me know if you'd like it a different key; easy to do . . .
    --Are there hard and fast rules for splitting up syllables? E.g. "o-pened" or "op-ened"?
    --I'm open to suggestions with textual underlay!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Would you post it in C, as well? Thanks!
  • Heath
    C major attached.

Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • ronkrisman
    There are hard and fast rules for hyphenation, but few people accept them. And even if they do, they always reserve a few words as their particular exceptions.

I always argued with GIA about how they hyphenated "Easter" and "stranger."
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    One of my voice teachers always made me re-hyphenate the texts to the songs I was studying to create a better legato: thereby causing every syllable to end in a vowel and moving any consonants over to the beginning of the next syllable. It was awkward to read at first, but it works.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Any quality book on sung diction will have a chapter on syllabification. Try "A Handbook of Diction for Singers" by David Adams.