Commercial for Sacred Music and or the CM
  • donr
    All, I would like to produce a short 15 sec or 30 sec commercial for Sacred Music.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but none the less I would like to take it on.

I need recordings of Sacred Music (not in copyright, so nothing off of Youtube unless its yours and you give permission), also I need interviews on Sacred Music again I must be able to obtain permission so I'll need the owner of the interview.

I will then hack it all up and try to produce the sound bite.

Any of you whits out there with a knack of phrasing are encourage to participate in the verbiage.
  • chonakchonak
    Can you put this in a bigger context?

That is, whom do you want to address, and to what do you want to motivate them?

Are you thinking of a campaign with a series of messages?
  • donr
    I would want to address all listeners of Catholic Radio or anyone who might wander onto CMAA's web site (if you'll link to it) to get the Sacred Music Message.
    I would want to motivate them to come and listen to Sacred Music at one of there local parishes with Sacred Music and check out this and other Web sites that promote Sacred Music.
    I would also like PIPs to walk up to their current MD and ask, "why don't you guys do stuff like this" and give them a place to send the MD so they can check it out.

A campaign is definitely something to achieve. I am in the process of looking into advertising dollars and how many spots I think we/I can achieve.

Initially I will most likely buy donate money for a few spots on my own so that is the target at this time.

I am looking into Local and National radio spots on Catholic radio.
  • BenBen
    Use the colloquium recordings. So much there.
    Thanked by 1donr
  • donr
    I was planning on using some of those but more would be better.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Certainly there's tons of great stuff in the Colloquium Archive, but you'll find that the recordings may not be as clean as you'd like because they're recorded in Cathedrals. But all of that is free of restrictions, except for the new compositions.
  • chonakchonak
    I would also like PIPs to walk up to their current MD and ask, "why don't you guys do stuff like this" and give them a place to send the MD so they can check it out.

Can 30-second spots convey the message of gradualism that is so important to CMAA? For instance, the Q&A page says:

Q: My parish has dreadful music. How can I change it?

A: Self-education is the first step toward the restoration of beauty and holiness in the liturgical life of your parish. Catholic musicians should learn to read neumes, and should begin to commit Latin hymns and settings of the Ordinary to memory. Then they can gather with others to form a schola, the traditional name for a choir that sings chant. It can take many months of practice before a new schola is prepared to sing at Mass.

In the meantime, the schola can find other opportunities to perform chant, including Benediction services and visits to hospitals or homes for the aged. In all of this, prayer and charity toward others are essential. Sometimes the pastor is open to the idea and sometimes he is not, but he is far more likely to be welcoming to a schola that is already serving the parish community. Slow and systematic work, done cheerfully and with attention to quality, will accomplish far more in the long run than rash protests and demands.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Gavin