Weekday/ Advent/ Lent Antiphons
  • Quick question: Is there an available resource for Mass propers for use during the weekday (possibly made available through CCWatershed)? I understand that the proper chants during Ordinary time simply carry on over from the Sunday, but if it is Advent, Lent, or feast/ ferial days, where does one go to get the music? I have an online copy of the Graduale Simplex, but I was wondering if there is something more I could use as well as if there are English editions.

I'm off to the seminary with the Companions of the Cross this fall and this might be something we could introduce. Thanks and God bless!
    Adam
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Welcome to the forum, Adam!

Ben Yanke has the English propers for ferial days set to music in the same style as Adam Bartlett's Simple English Propers. See Ben's website.

The texts of these antiphons are taken from the Graduale Romanum, not the Roman Missal. Next to the English texts, the antiphons also show the Latin incipits, so you can trace the original Gregorian compositions, for example through the online copy of the 1961 Graduale Romanum.
  • BenBen
    Adam, I'd highly encourage you to send me an email through my website (see Steven's link above. I'm typing on my phone, so it's hard to do a link). I have EXACTLY what you need.