Vigilate bleg
  • I'm dreaming of Byrd's amazing Vigilate, which just has to be the most exciting piece of polyphony I've ever heard or seen. Incredible, on the level of the last movement of Bethoven's 5th.

anyway, this online version is scored for ATTBB. The bass parts are too low in any case. Bumping it up a minor third would place it within a good SATTB range. Is there anyone who know how to do this easily? I really don't want to tax anybody. But there seem to be some people who know how to take a midi file and quickly produce a new version. I'm sorry to say that I don't know how to do this.

Anyone want to give it a try? I could just have everyone transpose but it seems like the piece is impossible enough without adding octave and notes transpositions, if you know what I mean.

here is the main CDPL page and the midi.

Oh, for that matter there is a Sibelius file right there. Maybe I can do this myself if there is a free Sibelius transposer thing.

CODA: whoops, I see a plug in right here. Maybe I'll give it a try?
  • Ok, i've downdowned scorch. I don't know if it is Vista (which I still can't figure out) or what but i've installed it twice and still don't find anything on my computer that is a program with the name Scorch. anyone can help?
  • If you're in Vista, Scorch may require to you to declare yourself "an administrator" of the program. I use Sibelius for arranging and had to do this when I changed to the Vista OS.

To offer some comfort, I can't get the Finale reader software to work.
  • Seems like i've been through this before. Grrrr.

blegging again.
  • francis
    Jeffrey:

I can easily dump the score into Sibelius for you and transpose, but there is no way to get the text under the notes without typing it all in note by note. I could deliver the score as a pdf and you could type in the words in a layout program if you would like. Let me know.
  • no way? That seems strange. I was able to use Scorch to transpose up a minor third and it all stayed as is. But then I couldn't print. the other problem is that the 2nd line (1 Alto or 2nd Sop) needs to be place down an octave where it is sung.

Seems like a simple task with full Sibelius? No?
  • Ostrowski!

here it is

Here are the Tallis Scholars

• francis
    I dont have sib 4 and cannot open that document. I would have to import the midi file into a newly structured sib document that would be built from scratch. I have a simple rule when it comes to upgrading software. Don't do it unless the hardware supports it!