Another plea for help: need EF propers
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    One more request: where can I find the propers for an EF mass for NEXT Wednesday?
  • The first, best, place to start is the Liber Usualis. You might try the website of the Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest.

http://institute-christ-king.org/latin-mass-resources/sacred-music/
  • Chrism
    If Father is looking to you for guidance, you can go here. In this case, the Mass is probably of St. Irenaeus, which is found in the online version of the Liber at June 28.
  • tomjaw
    The Missale Romanum on the Congregation of the Clergy website...

http://www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/index.htm
    (you will need to scroll down the left hand column to "Missals and similar" I use the 1957 Missal option as it has hyperlinks. (We also use the earlier calendar!)

Suggests the Feast is St. Leo...

"Die 3 Julii
    S. LEONIS II
    Papae et Confessoris
    Semiduplex
    Missa Si díligis me, de Communi Summorum Pontificum.
    Oratio
    GREGEM tuum, Pastor aetérne, placátus inténde: et per beátum Leónem Summum Pontíficem, perpétua protectióne custódi ; quem totíus Ecclésiae praestitísti esse pastórem. Per Dóminum.

Et fit Commemoratio Octavae.
    Credo, ratione Octavae.

Secreta
    OBLÁTIS munéribus, quaésumus, Dómine, Ecclésiam tuam benígnus illúmina: ut, et gregis tui profíciat ubíque succéssus, et grati fiant nómini tuo, te gubernánte, pastóres. Per Dóminum.

Postcommunio
    REFECTIÓNE sancta enutrítam gubérna, quaésumus, Dómine, tuam placátus Ecclésiam: ut poténti moderatióne dirécta, et increménta libertátis accípiat, et in religiónis integritáte persístat. Per Dóminum."

While the LMS ordo:
    http://www.lms.org.uk/find-a-mass/liturgical-calendar-2013#Jul

Wed 3 S IRENAEUS B M III Cl R
    Gl No Cr Common Pr
    Ordinary Office

It seem that between 1957 and 1962 St. Leo II was removed and St Irenaeus was moved to the 3rd... Also it should be noted that the Octave has also been suppressed!

OK, so the mass that we will celebrate is for the Seven Holy Brothers, Martyrs, and SS. Rufina and Secunda, Virgins and Martyrs.

The introit begins "Laudate pueri dominum ..." I've found all the propers - but I cannot find them set to CHANT anywhere, just as text!

Where can I find the chants? My Liber does not contain them.
  • BenBen
    Whenever I have that problem, I use the propers tool. It happened to me friday for the vigil of peter+paul. Just select custom mass, and type in the incipits.

Or, if you send me incipits, I can make one for you.
  • Chrism
    the Seven Holy Brothers, Martyrs, and SS. Rufina and Secunda, Virgins and Martyrs. The introit begins "Laudate pueri dominum ..."

The Proper chants can be found in the 1961 Graduale on page 550. You'll need to jump around to find the Gradual, Alleluia, Offertory and Communion based on the page numbers provided. The page beginning with [brackets] can be found in the common under "Commune Sanctorum".

Note that I used the "Index Alphabeticus --> Introitus" to find this Mass based on the incipit you provided. Do I assume correctly that you mean to sing the Mass on Wednesday, July 10?
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    If you prefer the Proper texts set to Psalm Tones a la Rev. Rossini, let me know and I'll set them for you. Send me an email at smc2003@bellsouth.net.
  • BenBen
    Steve,

Not to burst your bubble, but the link I posted above will also do that for you very quickly. The following output took me 45 seconds from page open to pdf download. It might be a lot quicker for you.

Thank you guys SO much!!! I have what I need now.

This will be my first time providing music for an Extraordinary Form liturgy.

It's not that I'm actually "nervous" about it - but there's a great unfamiliarity and frankly, discomfort in it for me. I can almost quoute rubrics for the OF by heart; all of that goes out the window for the EF and I'm in a land where I don't really know the rules, just how to mimmick what I've seen and what others have told me ... much like most OF music directors in typical Catholic parishes.
  • BenBen
    I know how you feel, I just did my first one a few weeks ago.

I put together a helpful, short sheet of what chants start when (the "cues" for when to start singing), if you want it. PM me.