Support Catholic Musicians!
  • jleduc
    Help us evangelize culture through beauty by patronizing good music. You can trust that your money will be well invested every month and that you will be the first to discover the best new music across genres.
    http://www.lovegoodmusic.com/pages/patrons
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Could we have some more details about this?
  • This is from their store...coming to a church near you, soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xXw7l_BQU&feature=player_embedded
    Thanked by 1MHI
  • melofluentmelofluent
    And so humble and ephemerally rendered too.
    Excuse me for a moment....
  • It's Catholic Spamming!
    Thanked by 1MHI
  • ronkrisman
    Yikes!
    Thanked by 1MHI
  • chonakchonak
    Classic hymns, performed in a manner which prevents congregational participation!
    Ancient chants, sung in a way that -- well, it inspires me to want to go forth and teach people how to sing ancient chants!
    New compositions that -- well, they're devotional, not liturgical.

Actually, I've heard worse pop-singer hymn recordings: the singers on Beth Nielsen Chapman's "Hymns" album needed Latin pronunciation lessons.
    Thanked by 1MHI
  • MHIMHI
  • hartleymartin
    The worst part of it is now young church musicians will expect to do it that way at mass and adoration.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Yikes

Ah, Fadda, remember dem old days when youse asked me what "yeesh" meant? Now you talkin' just likes me!
  • bkenney27bkenney27
    Well, they... *gulp* tried on the chant.... I guess, at least they included it...?

Dear Lord.
  • MHIMHI
  • chonakchonak
    OK, let's give 'em credit for knowing that chant is good, and for doing what they're doing with obvious good faith and devotion. They just need to learn more from good example and instruction, especially about the distinctions between liturgical and non-liturgical religious music.
  • Actually...I know one of the nuns...who was organist for a TLM group, which explains the chant.
  • MHIMHI
  • GavinGavin
    Silly sounding. But I'm reminded of the Lutheran rock band Lost and Found. They did a very popular CD of punk-rock versions of traditional hymns. Despite all their rock songs and their popularity among contemporary church-goers, the band members are rather devout traditionalists. The hymn CD wasn't to promote punk music, but rather to bring to the attention of younger audiences the classic hymnody. Though few heed their request, they constantly insist that their music is for entertainment and devotion, and that churches should make use of traditional hymnody and liturgy in public worship.

So maybe it's something like that, and the person making the CD just wants to bring to the attention of Catholics the songs that they SHOULD know.

Another story about the band, which I heard from a fan: They performed a concert at a parish, and the pastor took them to the church and showed them the new projector screens, enthusiastically telling them how he can prepare a powerpoint with graphics and the words of any song he wants. One of the band members said something like, "that's very impressive, but the church I grew up in had something even better! We looked through 2000 years of tradition for the best hymns, put them in a beautiful book with the words AND music, and bought so many copies that we could have them in the pews for every single person!"
    Thanked by 2irishtenor Ally
  • hartleymartin
    They performed a concert at a parish, and the pastor took them to the church and showed them the new projector screens, enthusiastically telling them how he can prepare a powerpoint with graphics and the words of any song he wants. One of the band members said something like, "that's very impressive, but the church I grew up in had something even better! We looked through 2000 years of tradition for the best hymns, put them in a beautiful book with the words AND music, and bought so many copies that we could have them in the pews for every single person!"

LOVE IT! LOL!