• AP23AP23
    Does anybody know of an online resource that has free pdf or picture files of all the Entrance & Communion Antiphons for Sundays and Feasts?
  • AP23AP23

Do you have it in standard music notation?
  • AP23AP23
    Actually, this may be good. I found an article on how to read this type of music. If I need to use an antiphon, I can just retypeset it.
  • Ally
    Why not learn to read the notation as is instead of retypesetting it? There are a great many resources including online classes, videos, and other instructions. It would be tremendously useful.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • donr
    Do a search on here for "ryand" he has retype set the SEP and added accompaniment to them.
    It should get you where you need to be.
  • chonakchonak
    For @Ally: Sometimes singers who aren't familiar with the square notation can be intimidated by it. If that's the case, then writing the score in modern five-line round-note format can avoid one source of fuss.

The discussion with ryand's accompaniments is here: http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/6062/sep-organchoral-accompaniments/p1 (it's very long)
  • Ally
    I totally agree! I didn't mean to be dismissive, but rather encourage AP23 to check out the different resources for learning to read it, and eventually not only rely on modern notation. I understand the reasoning, but I've also come to understand (and am still learning) how much more nuanced our dear square notes can be. So I would encourage anyone to really begin exploring it. Once I did, it was like stepping into a whole new world.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Also, AP23- that is just one setting among many. It is widely recognized as an excellent balance (perhaps the best) between ease-of-use and beauty.

There are others.
  • chonakchonak
    A list of other sources for sung Entrance and Communion Antiphons in English is available on the main musicasacra.com website.

Since AP23 has mentioned a liking for rhythmic settings, I suggest taking a look at the "Hymn Tune Introits" listed there. Those are hymn-style adaptations of the entrance antiphons with text by hymnwriter Kathy Pluth and music by composer Charles Giffen.
    Thanked by 3Adam Wood CHGiffen Ally