Colloquium 2009
  • The page is live and registrations are open. Cardinal George will be with us this year!
  • soli
    I am wondering... would younger schola members be welcome at the colloquium? What age is generally the cut-off, or does that depend on the individual person's maturity/willingness to learn? Thank you very much! One of our younger schola members saw the promo video for the Colloquium and is excited about the event.
  • miacoyne
    Complete my registraion just now. I'm in.
    Thanks
  • AOZ
    We've had participants as young as 15 or so. Young people must realize, of course, that this is primarily an adult conference and requires adult behavior. That doesn't preclude having a wonderful time, however. Also, anyone under 18 who attends must be accompanied by a chaperon who is also registered.
  • "...this is primarily an adult conference and requires adult behavior."

Bwahahaha... . Sorry... Yes, of course.
  • urli
    Ahhhhhh I want to go!
    I hope my work is done by then and that I can get enough money together....
  • Kathy
    Adult behavior. Heh.
  • AOZ
    Richard and Kathy, because of attitudes like yours, I'm afraid we're going to start having to have all potential attendees submit to psychological and other kinds of testing. You two will be the first. Thank you for ruining things for the entire group.
  • kevinfkevinf
    I am coming. My registration will go out from the church next week. I am excited.
  • Kathy
    Arlene,

Richard started it.

;-)
  • AOZ
    You two will have to kept apart. Separate choirs. And whining won't do you any good...
  • Don't make her pull this colloquium over!
  • mjballoumjballou
    I don't think that AOZ is anyone to talk about whining. Because of her I registered - even if I can only come for a few days. Of course, Kathy is a disruptive hymnographer.
  • Kathy
    Hmmm. I wonder what's the psych exam for screening out disruptive hymnographers?
  • Does the sommelier require a "pysch.eval." prior to admission?
  • Kathy
    No! The sommelier can come no matter what!!
  • I'm having a Sally Field moment....
    Uh, no, not Gidget or Flying Nun moments, Mike.
  • Kathy
    "They like wine! They really like wine!"

(Just kidding, Sally. You know you're awesome.)
  • G
    I don't care which one o' you started it, you're all going to get it when (the) Father gets home...

(Save the Liturgy, save the World)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I'm not sure why everyone is having so much fun with this joke (which I don't fully understand).

Since you are all into chant & polyphony (old, dull music?), I thought that meant that you were de facto dull, humorless, and boring?

Just look at how bored these people are!

Boredom? Or Ecstacy?
  • Okay, assuming TSA and the airlines will accomodate us, Wendy and I are booked for '09.
    I'll ship the essentials via FedEx or Brown to our dorm room.
    I'm going to stand on principle this year, especially for AOZ and Turko, only crystal Riedl goblets or.....
    No Soup For You!
  • Fabulous about Cardinal George! I will register after my first paycheck. :)

So this gal from San Diego really wants to know- are there fireflies/lightening bugs in Chicago? I really looked forward to that in DC. We don't have them out here, and I simply loved being around them. Certainly one of my 'favorite things'. Looks like I'll have trouble with the psych test, too... mercy, Arlene!

Hey, Charles- its fantastic that Wendy will come. Now we can have wine AND great Charles stories!!!
  • soli
    Thank you for the guidlines on age - I highly doubt that any of the schola will be able to come, but just in case it works out, I thought that I would inquire... you never know!
  • JennyJenny
    Hi Charles-

Glad to hear you and yours can make the trip to the Midwest. What kind of California wine goes best with Chicago pizza?
  • Well, Doctor Jen, depends....
    If the deep dish has some liver and fava beans, well, a nice (Coppolla) Chianti one would think.
    If it has a ragu of indeterminent meat sauce, any nice Montrechet in the $300 range per should do.
    For moi, it's always gonna be a Regusci Cabernet and/or Meritage. And no, it didn't make the WS top 100.
    But I'll ship plenty o' surprises from my beloved left coast state.
  • JennyJenny
    Well Charles, it sounds like I need to start training my palate. Perhaps sipping while I solfege? I'm not sure whether that will make practice easier or harder!
  • Kathy
    Charles, as long as you're taking orders, would you consider (heresy!) tossing in a white or two for us pitiable creatures who wish they could drink red but who fear coming down with a migraine?

Thanks,

Clarice
  • Quid pro quo....
    And you think that this one Chardonnay or Grigio will stop the awful screaming of the psalms?
    Thank you, Clarice.

Sure, Kathy, can do.
  • Kathy
    Quid pro quo, Charles. I'll tell you all about some childhood trauma. Fun!

Thanks very much.