Which Gregorian Mass is prescribed for votive Mass during paschal time [EF]
  • InNomine
    Laudetur Iesus Christus!

Which Gregorian Mass is prescribed for IV-th class votive mass during paschal time (Feria post Octavam Paschae) ?
    Missa I or Missa XVI?

• SalieriSalieri
    Any Mass you want, including any ad lib. chants; there is no designated Mass ordinary. If the votive Mass is for Our Lady, you may want to do IX or X; if it's a votive of an apostle, perhaps IV; if of the Blessed Sacrament, perhaps VIII (since the Sanctus & Agnus are based on Eucharistic antiphons); but it's your call

I would not, however, use Mass XVI, as that seems to be exclusively for Ferias Per Annum (i.e. after Epiphany or after Pentecost), or, of course, XVIII

My favourite Mass is XIII Stelliferi conditor orbis, it's not one that's heard too often, though.
  • Felicity
    Since there are NO PRESCRIPTIONS concerning the Mass ordinaries, it is therefore permissible to choose a Kyrie from one Mass, a Gloria from another Mass, a Sanctus from a third Mass, and an Angus Dei from yet another Mass.

My favorite Kyrie is Kyrie I ad libitum.
    My two favorite Glorias are:
    1. Gloria from Mass XV (very easy to learn); and,
    2. the Ambrosian Gloria in the ad libitum section.

Deo gratias!
  • InNomine
    Thank you!

• hartleymartin
    Gloria VIII - Missa De Angelis is a popular one which is also very easy to learn, and in my opinion has a more festive sound. Although, I do note that the Ambrosian Chant Gloria is listed as "Tonus Festivus"
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Ambrosian Chant Gloria is listed as "Tonus Festivus"

...for the rest of us
    Thanked by 1MarkThompson