St. Joseph College (Indiana) Church Music Program
  • Bobby Bolin
    http://www.saintjoe.edu/academics/liturgy/index.htm

Does anyone have any experience (positive/negative) with this program? It looks like it would be good for someone like me, with fairly good knowledge of liturgy but limited organ/voice skills. I want to get better but do not have the time or money to enter a four year graduate program.

Thoughts?
  • elaine60elaine60
    Our music director is going there, in here third summer and still planning "Rain Down", etc at communion. Said this is the year they all kid about doing chant class. I have not been impressed in what she has brought back to the parish.
  • Bobby Bolin
    I am guessing the purpose of it is not necessarily to convince people to change what they are doing, rather to provide suggestions to help them become better at what they are already doing. Pure speculation.

My reason for going would be to learn organ, organ theory, directing, etc. without having to get a degree from a four year college, which is out of the question at this point. I am already pretty set on how I would approach the mass from a musical planning standpoint.