• CharlesW
    That will work, until the dreaded soprano enters the door with tattered scores under her arm. Of course, they will be works no living soul has ever heard of.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    If you'd like to sing Amazing Grace for our closing hymn, text "Grace" to 15436.
    If you'd like to sing Awesome God, text "Awesome" to 15436.

Voting begins after the Lamb of God has been completed.
    Regular text messaging fees may apply.
  • TCJ
    The church I am working for was thinking about getting that before I came along because they didn't think they'd be able to find an organist. And apparently, it was still in the planning to purchase for whenever I leave. However, I just mentioned to the pastor how canned music wasn't permitted and provided proof of it so now that's off the table. However, I do not expect that all pastors will be so strict in following directions. Likely a good number of churches would be more than happy to use something like the HymnalPlus.
  • If the money is right, they shouldn't have any trouble finding another organist. Most often it is because they refuse to pay for quality that leaves them in the predicament of not being able to find musicians unless they just really can't afford it. As often said on here, money for music $0, money for the next major project $endless.
  • Liam
    Fortunately, it's forbidden for use at Mass. (For devotions, a different answer may obtain.)
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    forbidden

That's Latin for "totally okay to do if you want to," right?
  • Liam
    But of course.