Free Sacred Music Resources, 4th Sunday of Lent, Year C ... posted !
  • Posted !

Free Sacred Music Resources, 4th Sunday of Lent, Year C

Hope some find these to be useful !

• elaine60elaine60
    Thanks-but we have the communion proper for the Gospel of the Man Born Blind as:
    "The Lord anointed my eyes: I went, I washed, I saw and I believed in God."
    Can anyone explain the difference as I thought these were suppose to be exact from the Roman Missal at this point.
  • Hello, Elaine.

Here are several articles that describe why the Antiphons in the Missal (for "Masses without music" according to Pope Paul VI) are different from those in the Official Post-Vatican II Graduale.

Today's article in the Catholic World Report also mentions this.
  • elaine60elaine60
    Paul:
    Thank you so much for the info. :) If I'm understanding correctly (maybe not) is that what is printed in the Roman Missal (what OCP prints) is for spoken and not sung.
    Would be nice if there was no confusion on this but guess not.
    But if I want the congregation to be able to chant along with the cantor/choir, since we use OCP (I know, I know-and agree) I would have to put those text to music.
    I am really wanting to get some chant going if I can.
  • elaine60elaine60
    and yes what you have posted I find very useful and are very grateful it is available.
  • Dear Elaine,

The most recent edition of the G.I.R.M. (2011) allows the "spoken" texts to be set to music ... confusing, but true!

:-D
    Thanked by 1elaine60
  • elaine60elaine60
    Paul:
    Where do I find the specific verses for each proper?
    Thank you for your help.
  • I am afraid I am not sure how best to answer this: maybe somebody can help?
  • BenBen
    You'd probably have to own a GR, unless someone has the information already typed up somewhere.
    Thanked by 1elaine60
  • chonakchonak
    And let's note the distinction: verses are not specified for the antiphons in the Missal.
  • Verses are provided in the ICEL ANTIPONARY excerted from the Roman Missal.
    Thanked by 1jpal
  • chonakchonak
    Nice! Perhaps the Holy See will approve the book some day (including the verse specifications), and make it official.
    Thanked by 1elaine60