Some of us might need a laugh!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    And you won't believe I found this one via PRAY TELL. Some of you know of Dr.Rv. Fritz Bauerschmidt at PTB, he's a wonderful Christian, scholar and gentleman. He posted this video at PTB and I have to admire the pluck of the producers of this sendup. It sure gave me a smile in the midst of my post-Papa sede vacante doldrums! Cheers. And please, I don't share this, nor do I think Deacon Fritz would have either, with any motive to denigrate our sacred rites or holy men and women. If you feel "Is outrage" overwhelming you, stop the video, and take a breath. Or send me a privation via IM inbox with your ex-communication decrees! -) PS that Dcn.Fritz might have missed comment upon as yet another inside joke: note who is the Master of Ceremonies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1rmsCPbQU
  • Mark HuseyMark Husey
    Sharing.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Thanked by 2tomboysuze canadash
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    Thank you- from my not "still-living brain." I needed that. And, if others scoff and condemn you for that post, melo... i, in my despair over being, not only, pope-less, but once again, unemployed....will rise up and call you blessed.
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    sent to me by a monastic friend in Stift Klosterneuburg, Austria.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    If you are having trouble understanding the computer-generated dialog in the Choose Your Pope! video (a number of people have complained), a guy named Art was gracious enough to type out a transcript at Fr. Z's blog here: http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/02/another-amusing-video-on-choosing-a-new-pope-this-one-is-from-funny-lutherans/#comment-394081
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • melofluentmelofluent
    TBS,
    Well, I had just moment's hesitation and did want to qualify clearly it was intended to portray our sacred rites to ridicule. As a 'lot' of people in common cause, we in the conservative wing of the Church still seem to have much better senses of humor than our loyal opposition, or so I tend to think. Already there's been the cry of "sacralige" over at the PTB post's combox. The "Star Wars" remix, as do the other two videos added to the thread, suggest that humor is not only a wonderful way to cope with change, but also the product of intellectually keen and hopefully good-willed genius.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • SalieriSalieri
    To the Ven. Charles Melofluent : I agree heartily; let us not forget that one of St Philip Neri's prized possessions was his Whoopee Cushion. May the Force be with you.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    That's funny....if we don't laugh, we'll cry. At least I will.

So, was Pope Hilarius prone to a good chuckle? He looks like he could use one.

I'll take my cue from Blessed Pope John XXIII: " While passing through a crowd he overheard a woman exclaim, “He’s so fat!” The pope stopped and said, “Madame, the conclave is not a beauty contest.” (from "Humorous Holy People" By Thomas J. Craughwell)
    1492 x 2052 - 1M
    150 x 212 - 8K
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Next Sunday's Introit:

Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • CGM
    Thanked by 2chonak tomboysuze