St. Charles Garnier Gospel Acclamations
  • Hello! I just wanted to let everyone know of my work on the St. Charles Garnier Acclamations at ccwatershed.org. Since about August 2012 I have been arranging over 400 or so, and counting, of the organ/vocal settings, and composing chant verses on the Garnier downloads page of the site under the Music For the Liturgy tab. They are arranged for organ with cantor and congregation. This includes Alleluias in honor of Frs. Bressani, Le Caron, Dablon, Chastellain, Vimont, Lalemant, Chaumonot, and Jenco. One of the Alleluia settings, in Honor of Father Martin Lawrence Jenco, is SATB. The settings are usually uploaded around the beginning of each week. I have heard that these settings have become well-used, with many 1000's of downloads, but wanted to get the word out myself, here. In addition to blowing my own horn, any open discussion from those who use my settings would be both welcome and helpful. That way I could have some idea what to retain and what to revise. It is nice to do this type of work but would be great not to do it in a vacuum.
  • BenBen
    Is there any chance that in the near future there will be a printed book with gospel acclamations? My parish got the vatican II hymnal recently, and we're quite satisfied, but some of the organists don't like having to print off the gospel acclamation each week.
  • Ben, this will happen before long, but it has taken awhile since there are SO MANY!

:-)

Thanks!
  • Perhaps a completed, printed book will may be available within two years.
    Thanked by 1RedPop4