Leo Nestor's Communio for Palm Sunday
  • I am looking for Leo Nestor's setting of Pater si non potest/Father If This Cup for Palm Sunday. Does anybody know where I can find it? Thank you!
  • I may be able to help you, caleferink. I'll send out a few emails and get back to you.
    Thanked by 1Caleferink
  • I have sent out an email and will let you know as soon as I hear anything!
    Thanked by 1Caleferink
  • redsox1
    I have a copy, but only with English text, from my days at the Shrine. I don't have any kind of accompaniment. We improvised it IIRC. That was back in the mid 90's. I don't know what kind of revisions have taken place since. If you're interested, I can get it to you on Tuesday when I'm back in the office.
    Thanked by 1Caleferink
  • Probably a lot faster than waiting for Leo to answer my email. But a friend at CUA Music School is going to mention it to him tomorrow. So I'll let you know if I have any luck.
    Thanked by 1Caleferink
  • @Redsox1: I'd be happy to get whatever you have of it. The English text is fine (I'm not sure it has a Latin text, but I didn't know if it would be under a Latin or English title).

Thank you everyone for your assistance!
  • On the odd chance that I bump into Leo, I will ask him. Headed over to the Rome school shortly.

Kenneth
  • I need to say that I never intended to provide Leo's work without his direct permission. (I emailed him twice regarding this request, but as he was caring for his sister who was very ill he could not respond. As I was unable to contact him, I could not help with this request.) I want to avoid any misunderstanding.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • It's published by MorningStar. Were you to provide someone one photo copy to peruse with the implicit understanding that were they to use it they'd buy legal copies, I don't think that would violate conscience or spirit of copyright law, even though some crumudgeon will no doubt come along hysterically screaming "even ONE copy, for ANY reason ..."
  • Aside:
    Please pray for the repose of his sister, who passed last week.
  • Thank you everyone.