EF Apparition of BVM at Lourdes--Credo or no?
  • I have misplaced my Ordo, and am preparing an extensive all-in-one bulletin for a priest's first EF on Monday, and need to know if the Creed should be used. Liber says yes, hand missal says yes, Divinum Officium has it, various online ordos say yes and no. Definitive answer, anyone, with citations?
  • No, according to my 1962 altar missal (Vatican Press). FSSP Ordo agrees. In the '62 missal it is a 3rd class feast which, according to the Rubrics as revised in 1960, ¶ 476(d), never has a creed.
    Thanked by 1Patricia Cecilia
  • Thank you, Father O'Donnell. That's what my pastor and I thought, but neither of us had access to our resources when it came up.
  • tomjaw
    Yes, in 1962 land no Creed.

The LMS put their ordo online here, it is strictly 1962.

http://www.lms.org.uk/find-a-mass/liturgical-calendar-2013

This was one of the Feasts downgraded in the 1950's (1960's see below) so it lost its Creed, that is why it can be found in some books listing it with a Creed.

• The Apparition of Lourdes was duplex major up until the changes to the calendar in 1961. Then it was converted to a 3rd class feast along with most of the other greater double feasts. It had the Credo prior to 1961 because it is a feast of Our Lady.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw