Good Friday reproaches in English
  • At some point in time I printed off pages 137-141 from a resource of the Good Friday reproaches in English. I need to see the pages following what I printed, but I can't figure out in what online resource I found it. Is anyone aware of a large online resource that contains the Good Friday reproaches in English?
  • What English? Quote us some words, please?
  • Kathy
    I don't know the one you mean, but I wonder if this thread might be helpful http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/6259/new-translation-reproaches-improperia/p1
  • To describe better what I have, it's written in traditional chant notation. The verse starts, "O my people, what have I done unto thee? Or wherein have I wearied thee: Answer thou me." Throughout the arrangement the decani choir sings the Greek "Agios o Theos" and the Cantoris choir responds in English "Holy God" after each verse. I remember having to download the entire book and printing only this section.
  • Thank you, Kathy. I found it on that thread. It was from the Plainchant Gradual of Burgess and Palmer.
    Thanked by 1Kathy