Give me Jesus hymn
  • Hi everyone,

I'm looking for Lenten texts for the hymn Give Me Jesus.

This is one of the pastors favorite hymns and would like to hear this hymn during lent. I was looking for Lenten text that fits this hymn but couldn't find any. Let me know if anyone has any or knows where I can find texts.

Thanks!
  • Kathy
    I think it works for Lent as-is. If I remember the OCP text, it says, In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. Now the journey has begun, give me Jesus. When the prize is surely won, give me Jesus, you may have all this world. You could do a lot worse for Lent. It's devotional rather than liturgical, if you know what I mean, but as devotional, I think it works as-is for Lent.
  • Yes, it's a very hard decision. While its not 100% Lenten liturgical, I do want to please my boss!! Haha. I tend to always be 100% with liturgical correctness. I use CanticaNova as my go to hymns for liturgical hymn selections. They tend to be very traditional and I like that about that site!

I just didn't know if there were any specific Lenten lyrics I could use.

Thanks!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    There is a killer divisi SATB arrangement of that spiritual, I can't remember the arranger. I heard Mt. Eden HS Chamber Choir (Hayward, CA) sing that at a festival, not a dry eye in a packed house including Mt. Eden. I'll try to find it.
  • Spriggo
    There's one by L.L. Fleming that's quite nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-G4rPhOrNM