Fixing the Meinrad Font in MS Word
  • I am using MS Word 2010 and the Meinrad fonts to create some Psalm chants. It all works wonderfully, except for the alignment of the whole-note reciting tones with the staff. I have attached a screen shot of an MS Word doc and you can see that the reciting tones have an extra line just slightly above or below the first or second staff line. The screen shot is taken with the font at 60 points and magnification at 120%. I can make this somewhat better or worse by changing the font size or the magnification, but it never goes away completely. All other notes and neumes do not seem to have this problem, no matter what the font size or magnification.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you, Joe
  • Data point: I tried this on a Mac in Word for Mac 2011. It looks OK. Exactly the same font tables, similar Microsoft editor, but different font rendering software. This suggests that the problem is in Windows, not Word. Can you try a different editor, just to see?
    156 x 139 - 9K
  • Andrew,

Yes, I sent the same file to my Android phone and it is rendered correctly, so it looks like a Windows problem. Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like I will have to move the file to a different platform before printing.

Joe