Gloria in D Major : by Koerber
  • francis
    Composed this last night and today.

download score

listen to simulation
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • Francis, I LOVE IT! This is a work worthy of the noble key of D Major: very bright, splendid, elevating. I especially love the Altissimus.
  • francis
    Hi Dr. K... Glad you like it. Now I just need a choir capable of doing this one.
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    I like it. Good luck finding suitably barnstorming basses who can manage the sixteenth-note runs!

Is the organ part meant to be for rehearsals only?
  • francis
    RJStove

Yea, I know. barnstormers are tough to find. Yes, it is for rehearsal only. Where are you located RJ?
    Thanked by 1R J Stove
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    I'm located in Melbourne, Australia.
  • francis
    i found your website. do you have a dm position?
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    No, no DM position; for most of the last eight years I have been one of the organists at the Catholic parish of St. Aloysius in the Melbourne suburb of Caulfield, though I have now ceased that.
  • francis
    Good to meet your acquaintance. Do clue us into your compositions from time to time. We are always anxious to hear new works!
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    Well, thank you sir; hmmmm, probably my music would be insufficiently plainchant-oriented for most people on this site, but what the hey, this little effort of mine was published some years back:

http://www.australiancomposers.com.au/media/Ave Regina Coelorum.pdf
  • CharlesW
    ...probably my music would be insufficiently plainchant-oriented for most people on this site

I like plainchant, but my ears do get tired of a steady diet of it. My congregation also reaches a point where it wants to hear something else. It is good to have well-written music that isn't plainchant. Thanks for posting your composition.
    Thanked by 2tomboysuze R J Stove
  • R J StoveR J Stove
    Many thanks, CharlesW! Well, of course it's not the whole composition, just the first part of it, which is available online. (People have to pay money to get the rest of the composition.)
  • CharlesW
    Found the website easily. Also listened to one of the organ recordings. Nice instrument. I am envious.
    Thanked by 1R J Stove