January 2013 Workshop: Music for Holy Thursday (San Francisco)
  • incantuincantu
    Merry (octave of) Christmas!

I realize we haven't even celebrated Epiphany yet, but it's never too early to start thinking about Holy Week. So I wanted to let you know that I will be presenting a series of three workshop sessions for music directors and choral singers in the SF Bay Area on the subject of Music for Holy Thursday, on Mondays January 7th–21st, 2013.

• Repertoire from all time periods from ancient to modern, in English and in Latin, unison and SATB, for congregation and for choir
    • Texts drawn exclusively from Mass formularies of the Ordinary and Extraordinary forms of the Roman Rite
    • Coaching in vocal technique, ear training, sight singing, and music theory included in every session

Of particular interest to music directors will be an overview of Gregorian chant methodologies offered in the January 7th session. Whether your choir is just beginning to sing English chant in modern notation, or you have an advanced schola ready to move beyond square notes, there will be something for you to take away from this workshop.

Advance registration is required for all workshop sessions. Free, suggested contribution $20 per workshop. Register at winter2013lacunaarts.eventbrite.com.

Thank you for passing this information along to other interested parties. I hope to see you in the New Year.

Cheer,

Sven Edward Olbash
    Artistic Director, Euouae
    www.euouae.com
  • incantuincantu
    Lacuna Arts is pleased to offer our concerts and workshops free of charge to those who would otherwise be unable to attend. We rely on our monthly donors and on those who are able to make the suggested one time contribution at registration.

Apparently, though, there's a glitch in the registration system that requires a minimum "donation" of $1. If anyone would like to bypass this process so that it is truly "free of charge" please e-mail me directly, and I will process the registration manually.

Thanks!