Motet - Da mihi aquam
  • Post removed by author
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    1. I really like it.

2. The C-flats in the last few measures (in my opinion) seriously weaken the movement to the final cadence. It feels like you suddenly remembered that polyphony is supposed to be modal and capitulated to someone else's rules. I was really enjoying the whole thing and then just felt let down at the end. If you want to introduce modality or chromaticism, maybe do so in a B-section, and then return to the main theme at the end.

3. Midi demos are never ideal, but I really appreciate when people supply them, as it is way better than nothing. So thanks. I would suggest, though, that the default fake-piano sound is the least ideal of all the bad fake instruments, because there's no sustain. IF it isn't too much trouble in the future, maybe use a wood-wind instrument sound.

-----sidebar-----
    Here's what I do for midi-demos of choral music:
    S - Violin (if melody of homophonic work), Flute or Clarinet (if polyphony)
    A - Oboe
    T - Trombone
    B - String Bass

It is not an ensemble I'd recommend in real life, but it allows reviewers to easily distinguish the parts. The point of a midi-demo is not to produce a recording that sounds good unto itself, but to produce something that allows others to understand the music you wrote. Good musicians will be able to translate the crappy-midi into real-choir in their head. (Better musicians will be able to do so right off the paper, so they are not your audience for midi demos. Non-musicians will only "get it" when they hear it in real life, so they are also not your audience.)
    -----/sidebar------

4. I like it. If you brought the whole thing down about a third, and then adjusted the Bass-notes that would get pushed off the staff in doing so, I could use it. I'd also love to see an English version.
    Thanked by 2gregp mattcavoto
  • Post removed by author
  • Post removed by author
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood CHGiffen