Musica Sacra Saint Louis Conference
  • Registration is now open for the 2013 Musica Sacra Saint Louis Conference to be held at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, February 21-23, 2013.

The Musica Sacra Saint Louis Conference is open to all musicians, parish music directors, choristers, cantors, and anyone who would like to learn more about Gregorian Chant and Choral Singing. The 2013 Conference will offer classes in Gregorian Chant taught by Dr. Horst Buchholz and Choral Singing/Directing taught by Dr. James Savage. Workshops include topics such as Intonation & Vowel Sounds, Chant in the Life of the Parish, and Music at the Funeral Mass (Singing the Propers). Dr. MeeAe Cecilia Nam will present a special workshop on Vocal Technique designed to improve the singing of you and your choir. On Friday evening, Dr. Savage will present a keynote lecture on "The Art of Getting Your Congregation to Sing."

Tuition for the conference is $75.00 per person ($45.00 single day fee).

For more information or to register visit: http://musicasacrasaintlouis.drupalgardens.com or email musicasacrastl@gmail.com

We look forward to singing with you in 2013.
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • Is this open to teens? I have three teens: two choristers, one organist (ages 12-16) and I, the choir director, who would like to attend.
  • ryandryand
    Any WI or IL folks want to carpool? Not sure if I will be going, but if so, I'd be willing to drive or chip in on gas if you wanna take the wheel.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Completely off-topic, but this restaurant in St. Louis is so fantastic that if you folks don't go, you'll miss perhaps the best meal of your lives.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • TCJ
    I will think about going, but I'm not sure. Last time I skipped it since I was going to Utah anyway. I'm going to the Colloquium again this year, but I MAY check out the one in St. Louis, too. Illinois here, by the way, so carpooling is an option I would consider.
  • teachermom24,

That's a new question for us. I'll discuss it with our committee and see what their thoughts are.

-Adam W.
  • Hoping to be able to come. Have friends in St. Louis so will probably stay with them.
  • Any word on the age limit. I know of two possible attendees, aged 15-18.