Your Preferred Spanish Resources
  • Hi everyone, I am curious to hear what other people use at their parish for hymnals. I am currently using Flor y Canto (3rd Edition) and Celebremos! (WLP). I am not to fond of either one of them and have noticed on other threads that people are rather unhappy with the arrangers. On this thread I want to know what books you use and why you use them. Look forward to your insight!
  • BenBen
    edit: I didn't notice that you wanted spanish resources.
  • aldrich
    There was one hymnal posted elsewhere in the forum that had a decent repertoire. It was not downloadable though. I hear the Spanish hymnbooks available are "just so." Fortunately, we in the Philippines have more or less a few surviving pieces that have not receded to the catacombs. Here's a sample "villancico" for Christmas, found on the hymnal compiled under the auspices of--wait for it!--our Department of Tourism (haha!).
    Thanked by 1Patricia Cecilia
  • @aldrich- this is great. thank you. yeah unfortunately some arranging done in these spanish books is a bit dazzling (not in a good way). but till then the search continues to find a good spanish hymnal.
  • ghmus7
    Dear Aldrich; are there any other good pieces in that hymnal?
    Where can one get a copy?
    Thanks!