Who's in Milwaukee, WI - I will be there 11/24/12 need a church to attend
  • donr
    Let me know where you are I'll come visit. I need to attend mass on Saturday while I'm in town.

thanks
  • dnor, here's the link to a Milwaukee church that offers a 10AM High Mass (EF):
    http://www.institute-christ-king.org/milwaukee/
  • donr, I read your post more carefully and I see that you were requesting a Saturday Mass. There is an English Mass at 4 PM on Saturday at the same church above. The 10AM High Mass is a Sunday one.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    4pm at Our Lady, Queen of Peace on the South Side
  • I second irishtenor's recommendation. It's the parish of my Mom's side of the family, and I know irishtenor has the music in fine shape there. 27th and Euclid, if I recall correctly. Right next to the Southgate shopping center if it's still called that. Walmart, etc. - a block north of Morgan Ave. --Scott, who remembers the Masses in the 60s...every hour on the hour upstairs; on the half-hour downstairs. :) New church since then, though.
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • donr
    thanks for the suggestions, I went to St. Josephat's Basilica on 6th and Lincoln for the 4:30pm mass with my family.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    How was it?
  • donr
    It is a beautiful church.
    The only thing I would have to say is that because the church is so large. The pip's voices were lost in the whole thing.
    I could not tell if anyone except for my family was singing or not.
    The cantor in the loft was hard to hear because of the swirling echo. I would assume that the full choir would be easier to hear and understand.
    The Gloria - from "A New Mass for Congregations" GIA was not very good in my opinion. No one followed or sang it.
    The responsorial Psalm was taken from the Vatican 2 Hymnal and sounded great.
    The organist as well as the cantor (may have been the same person) did a great job from what I could here.

Overall it was a pleasant experience for the family.

I would highly recommend it for anyone traveling in the area.