rare English setting of Gloria : by Koerber
  • francis
    ..rare, because I don't like to compose in English.

download score

listen to simulation

SATB version completed today:

download score

listen to simulation
  • CharlesW
    I like it!
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • francis
    CharlesW

Since you like it, I set it to SATB for your choir just now.

See links above.
  • francis
    uh oh... i see parallel octaves!
  • CharlesW
    I look forward to using this setting. It is far better than most available in the music marketplace.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • francis
    Happy St Cecilia's Feast Day!
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • Going to take a serious look at this setting as well. Thank you Francis!
    Happy Feast day to all!
  • francis
    i was going through our hymnal for a new setting and it was painful. remembered that i composed this one a couple of years ago. after i listened to it, i realized we probably wont use it but maybe some of you will be able to.
  • JennyJenny
    Beautiful!
  • Very nice!

What's interesting; I noticed that the music so matches the worlds that in listening to the simulation, I could easily tell what words belonged with what notes.
  • Thank you, Francis. This is so lovely and flows so naturally. I agree with SpeaknSpirit,
    it's a very "organic" marriage of the words and the text. I'm going to use it during the Christmas season and will teach it to the "parish Christmas Choir" tomorrow - well tonight...since it's Wed. on the East Coast. I have one request, tho. Would you consider drawing the Amen out with the same motive as the first measure of the Gloria....and setting that Amen to two measures of exposition on that theme? It's so fluid that novice singers will be able to learn it easily and be so satisfied musically - they will find it very inspiring. Deo Gratias. Job well done. ;)
  • ps....would you consider posting a "program insert?" so we could put it in our Christmas Program for the congregation to sing as well. (with credit, of course.) So lovely.