Psalm for Feast of Christ the King in Spanish
  • Can anyone forward me a good psalm setting for this Feast in Spanish.
    I have NO resources, don't speak Spanish and am basically clueless about where to find this.
    Many thanks!
  • henry
    I'm using the one from Celebremos/Let Us Celebrate Missalette (World Library Publications). Only supplies melody for refrain, and you have to invent your own formula for the verses.
  • I have the Celebramos - so I checked it out. What's up with the lack of accompaniment?
    Is there an "organist" version?

Anyhoo, Henry -- Andrew Malton was kind enough to set the text to Christus Vincit - as a chant w/out accompaniment, and Frogman is kindly setting the text to an Anglican formula from the psalter. I'm going to use them both at different liturgies.
    Below is the setting by Andrew. (The forum is so great for these things! My cup runneth over.)
  • CharlesW
    There is accompaniment for the English/Spanish missalette, and often 4-part psalm harmony, in the English version of the psalter. I don't know if the psalter is available in Spanish. Check the WLP site.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • The (NRSV/CCCB) English version of my Christ The King (Year B) responsorial psalm mentioned above is here.

The psalm responses for this year B from the Spanish Episcopal conference are here. With melodies, although I can't say I'm excited about the melodies.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze