What Gloria will you be using for Christmas day and then for the rest of the season.
  • donr
    I have a very small choir and am looking for suggestions. We will most likely have no bass this year.
    I would like suggestions for my choir (SAT) but also would like to know what everyone else is doing.
  • CharlesW
    I am staying with the ICEL chant mass.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    St. Ralph Sherwin. We started last two weeks, will sing melody in men, alto in women to Christ the King, and then adjust to SATB ASAP when we're sure the congregation's absorbed the melody. It's gonna work, big time.
    Thanked by 1Paul_Onnonhoaraton
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    We will use the Gloria from the Mass of Joy & Peace at one parish where I cantor or possibly the Gloria from the Mass of Renewal. Then at another parish I cantor for we will likely sing the Gloria from Mass of St. Paul the Apostle.
  • Mass IX Gloria
  • SalieriSalieri
    Mass VIII

Possibly Carlo Rossini's Missa Alma Redemptoris at choir Masses
  • marajoymarajoy
    You don't have to like it (but it's not bad,) but we are using OCP's Heritage Mass. It has some nice and not-too hard choral parts, and I think it would be fine to omit the bass if someone were playing it on the organ.
  • lmassery
    WLP Mass of Wisdom. It's a decent modern setting with neat a capella mid section for SATB
  • BenBen
    My parish (I believe), plans to use the ICEL chants in advent, then move to masss VIII for christmas.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • donr
    -Marajoy, we are currently using OCP's Heritage Mass. We will switch to ICEL Chants for Advent which there is no Gloria. I like to change the mood for the different Seasons. My wife / Organist is not fond of the St. Sherwin's Gloria so we probably will not do that.
  • francis
    I am spying the Proulx Simplex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PKkRtRr2c

I just sang the ICEL chants for a Mass today and although it is not as nice as the Latin, I think it is better than most new settings available.