Illuminare Score Editor GABC Cheat Sheet?
  • bgeorge77
    Hi, I was wondering if someone has made a cheat sheet for Illuminare's Score Editor.

There is a general cheat sheet for GABC here, but I would like one that is specific to Illuminare's implementation, what works, what doesn't, etc.

Thanks!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Adam Wood
  • BenBen
    Isn't it pretty much the same as the standard cheat sheet you linked to? Everything is either controlled through the self-explanatory in page controls/buttons or standard GABC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Love the GABC cheat sheet! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks.
  • BenBen
    Great, isn't it? I have one permanently stapled to my wall behind my desk :)
  • bgeorge77
    Hi Ben, I guess what I mean is that there are things in Illuminare's implementation that aren't there in the cheat sheet, and from what I remember there are things in the cheat sheet that don't work in Illuminare.

(Furthermore, the cheat sheet doesn't even give the full implementation of GABC, I talked to the developer a few years back and he implemented for me a few things that aren't on the cheat sheets, like a long "I-beam" type square note, double thick staff lines, invisible staff lines, etc.)
  • donr
    One thing not on the cheat sheet. If you want to add Latin and English you would add the subtext in [ ] like so:
    Dei [God] (g). It will add the Dei on top and God directly below the note.
  • bonniebede
    Is it possible to underline words in illuminare? using b give bold, and i give italics, but using u does not produce underline. Any suggestions?
  • Hi - Link to the cheat sheet isn't loading for me. Can anyone post it as a PDF?
  • a_f_hawkins
    @bonniebede it's "ul", at least according to some sources, others just give "u"!
    PDF attached, I hope. This web page has a bit more on special codes.
  • bonniebede
    sorry but ul does not seem to work either.
    Any other thoughts?
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, it does work in the output, just not in the on-screen display.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • bonniebede
    Thanks Richard, but still not finding that it works in the output. :(
  • chonakchonak
    Can you post a small sample of your GABC code for testing/demonstration?