What is the appointed mass for All Saints?
  • I have come across the introit "Gaudeamus omnis" I would like to know if there is a mass appointed for All Saints. Thank you!
  • I guess I don't know what you mean by "a mass". Do you mean a set of propers? Yes. A set of ordinaries? Kind of. Gaudeamus omnes is, indeed, the appointed Introit for the Mass. The propers are thus:

Introit:Gaudeamus omnes
    Gradual & Alleluia:Timete Dominum
    Offertory:Justorum animæ
    Communion: Beati mundo corde
  • Alleluia: Venite ad me
  • When someone asks about a specific Mass, I usually assume they are talking about which musical setting of the Mass Ordinary. I believe Heitor is asking which chant Mass Ordinary is recommended for All Saints.

My answer: I don't know. I can't seem to find the chart that has the recommended Mass Ordinaries for the liturgical year anywhere. They're recommendations, though, not obligations.
    Thanked by 1HeitorCaballero
  • For choosing a chant ordinary, perhaps this thread may help. It seems they use Mass VIII at the Vatican for Feasts during Ordinary Time.
  • Protasius
    The recommended Chant ordinary would be any of the ones labeled In Festis Solemnibus (II, III) or In Festis Duplicibus (IV-VIII).
  • JSC
    In the link of smvanroode we can read
    Feasts of Ordinary Time: Missa VIII • Credo III
    This is also recommended by the Union de Sainte Cécile and the Archbishop of Strasbourg's Liturgical Commission.